Pages

Sunday 13 November 2011

Random Thought during My Illness

I got a cold and had a sore throat and itchy eyes on Friday morning and started a fever that afternoon. Next day, I took a turn for the worse and the sore throat became more serious. I felt tired and run down. My body hurt all over. I also had severe head pains. My body temperature turned higher. I tried to read something, but I cannot concentrate. I did not take any medicine (actually; I refuse the medicine, especially the western medicine, due to its side effect). I will not take it unless have to. And I believed that I will recover soon, just like before. I am proved right again. I felt much better next morning. My body temperature became normal and the head pains disappeared. This is self-healing, a manifestation of the self-adaption of my body system.

Though I played Taichi in the early morning of Saturday, I had not played it regularly for 3 weeks. I was in poor condition. My body lost the balance of Yin and Yang as the Traditional Chinese Medicine says. In some conditions, the body system can return to the balance of Yin and Yang. Mostly, medicine is needed to create such conditions. 

People are weak and fragile when they are suffering. Even a strongest man will become the piteous girl. I thought of my wife, my mother and father, my brothers and sisters, and even all the other people who helped and may help me when I was at the worst. That may be the most reason why people need a family. That is the best and may be the only place you can heal yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment